Listen and read this short play by Eugene O`Neill and answer the folloquing questions:
Comprehension BEFORE BREAKFAST
1.What does Mrs. Rowland find in her husband's vest pocket?
2. Write downs some reasons why Mrs. Rowland is angry with her husband. Do you think she has enough reasons? Why?
3. What kind of jobs do they do to support themselves? Give as many details as you can and analyse the ideas of success and failure implied in both characters.
4. What was the reason Alfred and his wife married? What do you think about their marriage? Why does Mrs. Rowlands insist on staying married to her husband despite their differences and problems?
5. Personality traits of both characters.
6. Analyse the importance of stage directions in this play. Give evidence and explain.
7.Why would the playwright not provide Alfred any speaking parts in the play?
8. What do you think about the end? Do you think it was in a way predictable?