"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, AND that has made all the difference" The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

DREAMING IN ENGLISH. Are you dreaming in English yet?

WELCOME!!! This is a bit of a challenge for me!!! This blog is intended for all audiences. I hope you enjoy and get the most of it!!!

Here you might find resources to help you navigate the muddy waters of English. The humble aim of this blog is just to keep you in touch with different types of English and different aspects of the English culture , to increase your curiosity about English through many different fields.

Licencia Creative Commons
Are you dreaming in English yet? por BE se encuentra bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 3.0 Unported.

miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2011

CELEBRITIES!!!

DO YOU LIKE CELEBRITIES?


A celebrity, also referred to as a celeb in popular culture, is a person who has a prominent profile and commands a great degree of public fascination and influence in day-to-day media. The term is synonomous with wealth.
Celebrities are primarily individuals who work as film and television actors and actresses, athletes, musicians, and a host other media-based professions, particularly within the spheres of the sports and entertainment (e.g. music, film, television, radio, modelling, literature etc.).
Sometimes people become celebrities due to media attention for their extravagant lifestyle or wealth;  for their connection to a famous person or even because they appear in reality shows and staff like that.
Some people would do everything to get 5 minutes of fame. In our present society, the rise or the celebrity culture is a fact and the mass media have contributed to that. Everyone who appears on the media becomes famous and admirable. Do you agree with this?
                                                                                   
                                                           
VOICETHREAD.

Choose 2 people from the mosaic of faces you have in the post and talk about them. Make sure you mention the following ideas:
- Why you have chosen them.
- Talk about their lives, what they have done. Have they a  real reason to be famous? Are all celebrities the same? What´s your opinion about the new famous people that come out of reality shows and similar programmes?
- Describe their personalities (use some of the adjectives learnt in class)
- Do you admire them? Why? Why not?
- Do you think that celebrities have a responsibility to uphold? Do you think they have to be models for the rest of us?
-  ARe you fascinated by famous people? Would you like to be famous?.Advantages and disadvantages.
- Do you really admire a celebrity that is not in these pictures you have in the post? Who? Why?

Have you ever met famous people? Listen to these people who are at a party and answer the questions.
Do the listening and the post-listening exercise.Section IV. Here you have
4 different situations and you are asked how you would start a conversation and how you might introduce yourself. Choose 2 of the 4 options and write a brief comment.


Would you like to play a game? Think of a celebrity and have a go with the machine. it will find out who you are thinking of.
http://en.akinator.com/

13 comentarios:

Pet dijo...

I've browsed a little through your blog and it is most interesting. Thank you for becoming a follower of mine. I will be delighted to follow yours too.

BE dijo...

Hiya!!
i´ve corrected your recordings and in general they are quite good, so I´m quite happy about what you have done. You have gone through the different items in a very successful way and you have used lots of nice adjectives. In general, the vocabulary you have used to describe the different celebrities is varied and the ideas are well-connected.
I will comment some general mistakes in class, basically related to pronunciation problems and some minor grammar mistakes.
WELL-DONE!!!

Ana Marina dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Ana Marina dijo...

II- Listening exercise
1-B
2-C
3-A
4-C
5-B

cristina dijo...

1.B:animals
2.B:he´s wearing green slacks
3.A:she´s a popular sport figure
4.C:small
5.A:he´s sitting in the room

LOS ATRAPAZETAS dijo...

Listening exercises.

1.Animals.
2.He has on a blue jacket.
3.She's a popular sports figure.
4.Small.
5.He's standing by a table.

Post-Listening exercises.

A barbecue at your teacher's house:

V: Hey!
J: Hey! Thanks for come.
V: You're welcome, it's a great barbecue :)
J: hehehe. Thanks, but don't think that this I will raise your note :P
V: I Know it hahaha.
J: Have fun, enjoys :D
V: Thanks teacher ^^

A first date with someone you have never met.

V: Hello!
J: Hello! What's your name?
V: I'm Vanessa and you?
J: Ehh, Beutiful name... hehehe. I'm Juan.
V: Ohh :P thanks.
J: Nice to meet you! I had heard of you, but I do not remember your name :P sorry.
V: Likewise. Hahaha, no problem.
J: We give a walk?
V: I would love ^^

Anónimo dijo...

j

Anónimo dijo...

LISTENING
1.- B: animals
2.- C: he has on a blue jacket.
3.- A: she's a popular sport figure.
4.- C: small
5.- B: he's standing by a table.

IV: POST-LISTENING EXERCISES
1.- A barbecue at your teacher's
house.
-Hello!
*Hi! thanks for coming, came in.
-Thank you
*¿Do you want to drink anything?
-Yes, a coke please.
*Here you have.
-Thank you.
*Your welcome. Pass over the
garden and take something for to
eat.
-OK!
2.-A first date with someone you
have never met.
-Hello! Are you Lissa?
*Yes, I am and you are?
-Michael.
*Oh! Nice to meet you Michael. I
am Kristie's sister.
-Yes, I know. She talked me a lot
of you.
*Really? and, what did she say you
of me?
-Where to estart.....

Fatima Asenjo Lopez dijo...

II- Listening exercise

1-Animals
2-He has on a blue jacket
3-She's a popular sports figure
4-Small
5-He's standing by a table

IV. Post-Listening Exercises

•a wedding
-I love weddings! And finally our cousin is going to get married! I’m so excited!
-Yes, I love it too and I’m also excited about the wedding!
-I’m going to throw rice to them when the whedding finished!
-Do you have rice? Can you give me some of it please?
-Yes, of course!
-Thanks!, shh!, it’s starting.
-Yes. She is very pretty.
-I agree with you

•a first date with someone you have never met
-Hello! What is your name?
-I’m Alba, and you?
-I’m Fátima, nice to meet you!
-Me too! I’m new in the school and I don’t know anybody…
-Don’t worry! I You can come with me to meet my friends, they’re so nice!
-Thanks! I want to meet them!
-Ok, so when the classes finishes, come with me.
-Ok, see you later!
-See you!

Ivan Vasilev dijo...

LISTENING EXRCISE

1.Gregorio is well known for his ability to work with ______.
B.animals
2.What is one thing that in NOT true about him?
C.he has on a blue jacket
3.What does Georgina do for a living?
A.she's a popular sports figure
4.Georgina is a _______ woman wearing a yellow dress.
C.small
5.What is the other invited guest, Brad Pitt, doing in this conversation?
A.he's sitting in the room

POST-LISTENING EXERCISE

(a first date with someone you have never met)
-Hello Maria, I'm Ivan.
--Hiya, how are you?
-I'm good thanks. Do you want to take a coffe or something like that?
--Yes, let's go!
-I love starbucks, do you wanna go there? They have the best frapuccino.
--OK, I would love to go with you.
-I like you Maria...

(a wedding)
-Hello! Are you a groom's friend?
--Yeah! You too?
-Yes, but I don't know him very well. I would love to know you better because you are so pretty.
--Really?
-Yes. Would you like to have a dinner with me?
--It's a good idea.
-Good. We can be the next ones who will get married.

Anónimo dijo...

LISTENING
1.animals
2.he has on a blue jacket.
3.she's a popular sport figure.
4.small
5.he's standing by a table.

POST-LISTENING EXERCISE

1.A wedding
B-Hey, I'm the bride's sister and I don't know you. I'm Beatrice nice to meet you.
A-Hello. I'm Aaron, nice to meet you too. I'm a cousin of your brand new brother-in-law.
B-Oh, that's nice. How come I didn't know you? I thought I knew all of his family.
A-Unless me. I live in Australia and I haven't came to Madrid since 1999 maybe that's why you haven't heard about me.
B-Yes, it might be that. Oh my God, Australia that has to be awesome.
A-Yes it's an amazing country!
B-I bet you can tell me more about it.
A-Of course let me show you some photos I've done last week at the beach
..............

2.A fisrt date with someone you have never met.
B-Hello, I'm Beatrice.
A-Hey Beatrice I'm Aaron nice to meet you.
B-Nice to meet you too.
A-Alright Bea I hope you like ice-creams because I'm taking you to Llao-llao.
B-Okay good I love ice-creams.
A-So tell me about you.
B-Well I'm 18, I study at Villablanca school, I used to live in Murcia so I'm a lover of anything related to the sea.
A-Really? Me too I usually go to San Sebastian on weekends there is good surfing.
B-There are no waves for surfing in Murcia but I would love to do that.
A-Maybe we can go someday
.........

Unknown dijo...

II- Listening exercise
1. B, animals
2. C, he has on a blue jacket
3. A, she’s a popular sports figure
4. C, small
5. A, he’s sitting in the room

IV. Post-Listening Exercises
•a wedding
-I love weddings and see the couple marry your brother gets married soon and has invited me.
-Oh yeah, marries his girl he takes so many years, i'm going to the wedding.

-Perfect, I'll throw rice and lots of pictures.
-Of course, what they are going to give you?
-Them a present of a photo album with all the memories of all the years we've been together and I need your help
-Perfect it on Monday and we were organizing everything, I'm excited also love weddings
-If I love them, everything will be perfect you'll see the wedding day we all set
-See you on Monday, I'm very excited
-And I too, bye

•a first date with someone you have never met
-Hello how are you?
-I’m fine, thanks and you?
-Here on vacation at the beach, and you've been here how long?
-I came yesterday and I do not know anyone boring
-seriously? do not worry I'll introduce you people are a group of twelve 6 girls and 6 boys, as of this afternoon we will be thirteen
-It perfect thank you very much
-Anything, this afternoon at half past 6 in the park out front, then we
-Ok, until this afternoon

Unknown dijo...

II- Listening exercise
1. B, animals
2. C, he has on a blue jacket
3. A, she’s a popular sports figure
4. C, small
5. A, he’s sitting in the room

IV. Post-Listening Exercises
•a wedding
-I love weddings and see the couple marry your brother gets married soon and has invited me.
-Oh yeah, marries his girl he takes so many years, i'm going to the wedding.

-Perfect, I'll throw rice and lots of pictures.
-Of course, what they are going to give you?
-Them a present of a photo album with all the memories of all the years we've been together and I need your help
-Perfect it on Monday and we were organizing everything, I'm excited also love weddings
-If I love them, everything will be perfect you'll see the wedding day we all set
-See you on Monday, I'm very excited
-And I too, bye

•a first date with someone you have never met
-Hello how are you?
-I’m fine, thanks and you?
-Here on vacation at the beach, and you've been here how long?
-I came yesterday and I do not know anyone boring
-seriously? do not worry I'll introduce you people are a group of twelve 6 girls and 6 boys, as of this afternoon we will be thirteen
-It perfect thank you very much
-Anything, this afternoon at half past 6 in the park out front, then we
-Ok, until this afternoon